Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ed Rec. Vol 3 - Review - Ed Banger strikes again!

Ed Banger will release its fresh compilation Ed Rec. Vol 3 filled with fat rock punk trash electro beats, officially on May 26th. Still a long way to go (unless you know how to sniff the internet), so here goes the review. You can disagree, I don't mind.


MR. OIZO - Ed Rec Vol.3 - © 2008 Ed Banger Records

01. Mr. Oizo - Yves
Just the intro.
02. Busy P - To Protect and Entertain (Feat. Murs)
US Hiphop vs Paris Electro: Californian Living Legends member Murs & Busy P. I have to admit I like the result even if it's hiphop. But, let's hope this is just a one-timer.
03. Mr. Flash - Over the Top
Funky rythm, very 80's (I see the the Night Rider in front of me), but maybe some remixes can do the job to make it a dance floor hit, which it isn't right now.
04. SebastiAn - Dog
Holy F*ck! This is hard. It's metal, including the screams, and then that beat...yes it's SebastiAn! This is where "Blood On Our Hands" - Death From Above 1979 vs Justice stopped. SebastiAn takes over, and although 'Motor' is "the" track (personally getting bored of it after a while)... I prefer the "Dog". Woef! Check his EP, coming out tomorrow, April 28th.
05. Uffie - Robot Oeuf
Like the beat, but Uffie ruins it a bit, nice samples in the background, and still a good dance floor track though. It just begs for a mix with balls. This is not a Spice Girls Best of.
06. Justice - Stress (Auto Remix)
From the beginning one of my favourite Justice album tracks, and here's the remix. Good atmosphere, nice built-up, sweet! (And 6min25!)
07. Mr. Oizo - Minuteman's Pulse
Mr. Oizo convinced me his can spin the decks, so I'll be polite. The only consistency in his sound: chaos, samples and repetition. This one has it all. But is it any good? Up to you.
08. DJ Mehdi - Pocket Piano
Thanks for bringing back the 80's, Mehdi. It's an instrumental song, this must be (or become) a tv theme!
09. Krazy Baldhead - No Cow, No Pow
This one is not going to make him famous I guess. An albumfiller to me, sorry.
10. DSL - Find Me in the World
Oh oh oh...hiphop...bad english...it sounds good without the lyrics.
11. Feadz - Back it Up (Feat. Spank Rock)
Yes! Feadz nails it! Nu rave...up-tempo...I like this! Feadz for Ed Rec President 2008 I tell ya!
12. So_Me - Decalcomania
Nice surprise! Who told me So Me is 'just' a designer? If he made this track all by himself, then he's my boy. This one will be in one of my sets soon! No doubt about it. Recommended!

Download the free Feadz Mini-Mix (sorry guys I won't post the real album)

Google for the album if you can't wait. But buy it afterwards!

No comments: