Monday, April 21, 2008

Polsslag 2008, the lazy review

April 19th, Grenslandhallen, Hasselt = 12.000 party people at Polsslag

As my internet provider cut off my internet connection last week (guess I didn't pay my bills in time, but that's another story), I wasn't able to post all week. [grrrrr]
Guess my next remix is going to be filled with rage and anger ;-) like the Soda&Suds RATM-mix.

Luckily, my man Rave Grohl still has his (Belgacom) ADSL connection, a decent phone to shoot some low-quality videos, and if he's not ripping out trees in the garden, he must be mixing some music or posting on his blog(s). So check his Polsslag review for details & videos Rave Grohl's view on Polsslag

Just my opinion on the Polsslag line-up (Only Boiler & Dance Hall, the rest is not my cup of tea)

Bloody Beetroots made the Boiler hall bounce + Goose selected Bloody Beetroots ("Everybody") as their best remix. (StuBru's disturbed interview at Polsslag: incl. Goose, MSTRKRFT, Boys Noize, Bloody Beetroots


Dr. Lektroluv has a completely new set, can't wait for the next compilation cd! Anyone has a setlist of that show?

MSTRKRFT = still a guarantee for a good party (heavy sh*t!)

DJ Mehdi was OK, not impressive and started off too slow on Polsslag, anyway, it is Feadz (without Uffie) that has been tipped as the new Ed Banger star for 2008.

Boys Noize...I was going to say I didn't like it and left before the end of the show. But...I'm such a fan of his work that I play it all the time, at home, at work, in the car, on the iPod...guess I was a little bit dissappointed that I didn't hear (impressive) new stuff. But make no mistake about it, Boys Noize is a top producer!

Finally Erol Alkan: only saw 45 min of his set (my feet were killing me, even without high heels! ;-) But he's truly a must-see DJ. The man has got the skills, builds great sets with fresh tracks, and he's as wacko as Michael Jackson! And we all once liked Michael Jackson. Admit it!

Guess who spreads his love better than anyone else?


Should you have any doubts...it's Dr. Lektroluv...pumping his electro love into your veins!

www.polsslag.be for the official pics (in a few days)

No comments: