Sunday, April 13, 2008

The "No No Saturday" in a mixshell


No, I did not participate to the contest. A competition where it is impossible to reach the mixer because he is built & locked in a travel case? What kind of a competition is that? Luckily I only drove about 180 kms, got a t-shirt and 1 beer + a promo bag I forgot. Guess the promotor was a little bit too busy giving his attention to some blonde bimbo who I almost had to bitch slap because she was looking down on my gear and touching it (lesson 1: don't touch other people's gear without asking, things like that can get you killed).

I talked a while with DJ Nicx (representing Bree/Limburg) & had a chat with local hero lo Renz (sorry I disconnected your turntable, man!) :-), both nice guys, and drove back home. Disappointed off course.

But it's not over yet. In the car I received 2 text messages "Petrol Sold Out tonite!" and "Help! Without a presale ticket you can't get in! :-("
F*ck! Hell! There goes plan B.

Conclusion: No afterparty with Shameboy and Dr. Lektroluv...and still 75 km to go. I can't exactly remember how many times I yelled the F-word that night. Thank God I was alone.

Here's a mix with a vengeance...the Unreleased Beats & Bites Show. In fact it's just a sample of the selection I made. But have a taste anyway. (By the way, it's my first official remix with the brand new UC-33e I got from my friends. It's a hell of a machine, thanx again!)

Download the
"Unreleased Beats & Bites show" (28min/63MB/MP3)

PS: there's already an urban legend that says that De Kreuners sabotaged my set yesterday night, because they were afraid nobody would come to their concert... ;-)

No comments: